I am pleased to announce the 2019 Magdalene May Ball, which will be held on the night of Wednesday 19th June 2019.
The ticketing ballot is now live. Check below for information on how to apply for tickets.
I hope you join us for what promises to be an unforgettable night.
May Ball President 2019
Tickets to the Ball are sold in pairs, with each pair of tickets costing £380. In contrast to previous years, the Ball will not commence with a sit-down dinner, so there are no separate dining tickets available.
The full amount does not have to be paid at once — you may do so if you wish, but the standard payment schedule is as follows:
- Deposit of £50 (per ticket pair) to secure your ticket pair(s) if you are successful in the ballot. To be paid by the end of December 2018.
- First installment of £165 by the end of Week 2 of Lent Term 2019 (which is Wednesday 30th January).
- Final installment of £165 by the end of Week 2 of Easter Term 2019 (which is Wednesday 8th May).
Tickets are offered to applicants following a ballot process. Applications to the ballot are now open and shall remain open until a date to be communicated in due course. However, they shall not close before Sunday 25th November (which marks one week after opening).
People from the following groups may enter into the ballot:
- Current students at Magdalene
- Alumni of Magdalene
- Current members of the University ("external applicants")
Preference in the ballot is given to Magdalene students and alumni, who may apply for up to three pairs, over external applicants, who may apply for a single pair.
Within these groups, the ballot guarantees to allocate a first ticket pair to all applicants in a group, before it attempts to allocate a second ticket pair to anyone in the same group who applied for a second pair. The same shall also apply to applications for third pairs.
The ballot for tickets is now open on our ticketing system, Ballpit.
We request that guests attending the Ball dress in one of the following:
- White tie
- Ball gown
- Scottish Highland dress
- Equivalent national dress
- Military evening mess dress
Enquiries regarding the ticketing/ballot process should be directed to Edwin Balani, Ticketing & Technical Officer, at email@example.com.
General enquiries about the Ball should be directed to Max Nussbaumer, President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.